Everyone meets at 1770 Holford and then break into teams. Each team has a knowledgeable volunteer, so you know exactly what to do. You could be clearing trails, taking out invasive plants, opening up the prairies, even picking up trash.
- Safety Materials: Each work session will begin with a safety briefing. BRING WATER. Even in the heat, wear heavy work gloves, long pants, protective eyewear, and sturdy shoes (no sandals) for your protection from poison ivy and thorns.
- If you have them, bring loppers and/or small tree saws.
- All participants and the parents of minors must sign our Liability Waiver.
- All minors 18 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- For Master Naturalists, this may count as Volunteer Hours on the Preservation Society for Spring Creek Forest project.