Everyone meets at 1770 Holford and then break into teams. Each team has a knowledgeable volunteer, so you know exactly what to do. You could be clearing trails, taking out invasive plants, opening up the prairies, even picking up trash.
- Safety Materials: Each work session will begin with a safety briefing. BRING WATER. Even in the heat, wear heavy work gloves, long pants, protective eyewear, and sturdy shoes (no sandals) for your protection from poison ivy and thorns.
- If you have them, bring loppers and/or small tree saws.
- All participants and the parents of minors must sign our Liability Waiver.
- All minors 18 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- For Master Naturalists, this may count as Volunteer Hours on the Preservation Society for Spring Creek Forest project.
- Saturday, August 6, 2022
- Saturday, September 10, 2022
- *Saturday, October 8, 2022 - Meeting at Halff Park on Ranger Drive
- Saturday, November 5, 2022
- Saturday, December 10, 2022
For last-minute information, check Facebook or the Preservation Society of Spring Creek's Facebook or their website for updates, including dates and locations which may change because of conditions. If the weather is questionable, check to see whether they will meet. We don’t want anyone working in the forest or on the prairie if there is a chance of lightning strikes.